Operations and Administration
Here’s an overview of the internal workings of the agency and the roles of various departments
Planning Research & Statistics Department
- Co-ordinating and implementing Action/Rolling plans for all UBEC/SUBEB Intervention projects;
- Co-ordinating activities of Consultants for UBEC assisted Teachers Professional Development Training (TPDT);
- Generating and managing Basic Education Data/Statistics;
- Participating in the monitoring of UBEC Intervention in Special Education Projects.
School Services Department
- Co-ordinating, Providing , Distributing and Monitoring of
- Instructional/Recreational Materials to Public Basic schools;
- Co-ordinating Special Needs Education Programmes for the Physically and Mentally Challenged;
- Providing School Library Services;
- Co-ordinating JETS, MAN, STAN and other Science/Mathematics
- related activities in schools;
- Co-ordinating sporting activities in schools; and
- Co-ordinating Early Childhood Education Programme
Social Mobilization & Information Communication Technology Department
- Conducting sensitization activities;
- Soliciting Community Participation through School Based Management Committees (SBMC);
- Conducting advocacy/training programmes on HIV/AIDS;
- Facilitating of ICT – aided education delivery and setting up of IT Centres; and
- Co-ordinating all UNICEF assisted activities and conduct of annual orientation & training for school environmental Health Club.
Standard & Quality Assurance Department
- Monitoring and supervising of teaching/learning activities in Schools;
- Ensuring effective utilization of instructional materials in schools;
- Monitoring the conduct of Internal and External examinations in schools;
- Ensuring strict compliance to Government’s directive and policy statements.
Finance and Accounts Department
- Payment of teaching & non-teaching staff salaries and allowances;
- Preparing monthly internally generated revenue returns to the office of the Accountant-General;
- Preparing yearly Financial Accounts for the External-Auditors; and
- Effecting payment to contractors after due approval by the Executive Chairman.
Administration and Supplies Department
- Recruitment, Discipline, Promotion , Posting and transfer of teaching and non-teaching staff;
- Co-ordinating delivery and distribution of instructional materials supplied to the Board by UBEC, Abuja to all Public Basic Schools in the state; and Procuring and distributing of stationery and office materials.
- Monitoring of teaching staff of the Board
- Promotion of Teaching staff including advancement etc.
- Discipline of staff.
- Posting/ Development of Teaching/Non-teaching Staff.
- Conversion of Teaching Staff.
- Retirement processing of Teaching and non-Teaching staff.
- Processing of leave of absence of teaching staff
- Appointment of teaching staff.
- Interpreting the extant rules on Personnel issues
- Confirmation of appointment and promotion of staff